13 January 2014

Eye opener


Now, I usually don’t do beauty posts, but this is worth sharing.

My eyelash curlers broke a couple of weeks ago. No surprise there. I’ve been using them pretty much every day for the last 20 years.

All-in-all my make-up is pretty basic and fuss free. I curl my lashes, use eye liner, mascara and kohl. All black. Sometimes, when I go out, I use eye shaddow or lipstick. Or both - not black.

So, in need of a replacement, I decided to upgrade. The ones I had were from Bodyshop, and though they did the job, I heard that there are some lash curlers out there that did the job better.

Shu Uemura and Shiseido are the best rated ones, in magazines as well as online. But which one is the one for me? They all looked pretty much the same and I’m sure they all do pretty much the same job. No? I mean how different can the curl on your eye-lashes be?

They are both rounder than my old curlers. Also the Shiseido is a bit wider than my old ones and the Shu Uemura is a teeny bit wider than the Shiseido. In reviews most people complained both of them would be too wide. I didn't want to make a mistake, buying something that I couldn't use because it’s too big. I was okay with my old curlers, so to be on the safe side I did decide to get the Shiseido.

It’s funny how after this long time of using my old curlers these minute differences feel HUGE. Since, apart from the colour - the new one is black - they look pretty much like my old ones. I was really surprised how all the slight differences make a big difference on my lashes. Curlier than ever!

In the past I had to curl twice to grab all lashes as my eyes are quite big. Also I always go from the roots to the tips in about three steps. With the new wider curlers I am nearly, but not quite, able to grab them all in one go, but it turns out I either need more practice or I should have got the Shu Uemura.

No comments:

Post a Comment