28 July 2010

The Bavarian Window

I haven't been blogging for a while, but I think it is time now to get back to it and tell you what we've been up to for the last few months.

My apologies to everybody from the BYW class, especially the "Valley of Blogs"-girls, for dropping out so abruptly at the end of the course. I missed time in the forum due to the early arrival of our baby daughter.

First of all I want to tell you that our little one has been a star. She recovered from surgery and grew stronger every day so despite the early complications we were able to take her home 10 days before her due date. I am so grateful for the care she got from nurses and doctors at the hospital - they were brilliant - as well as for all the support from our families and friends.

John was a star, too. Johanna was in hospital for 55 days, I was there every day and John was there most days. I know it must have been hard for him. When he was not able to go, because of his work, he was always there when I came back from the hospital feeling exhausted and incomplete.

It's been an exciting time, sometimes difficult, but mostly wonderful.


Looking out of the window of our flat in Bavaria this morning. It's been such a peaceful and quiet moment with Johanna falling asleep on the sofa making soft little giggley noises.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the arrival of your little one! Glad to head you are all home and doing fine. What a pretty place to enjoy everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and enjoy these peaceful moments with your little family! being a parent is challenging a lot of times but sooooo worth it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have you back Katrin and so glad to hear all is well with you and your new family. Sarah (BYW)

    ReplyDelete